How Can You Safely Use Candles During the Holiday Season?
Candlelight adds elegance to any church service, but candles are a serious safety hazard. Some recommendations for candle safety are provided below.
- Designate one individual to be responsible for extinguishing and checking all candles during the holiday season.
- Never leave buring candles unattended.
- When using candles, carefully select where candles should be placed - don't place near window treatments, decorative foliage or other combustible materials.
- Keep combustibles and candles away from children.
- Substitute battery-operated candles when possible for events.
- Collect and store all candles in noncombustible containers.