What are your duties when a claim occurs?
- Report the claim immediately
- Protect the property from any further damage
- Make reasonable temporary repairs required to protect property
- Protect others from any further injury
- Retain all damaged property
- Notify the proper authorities if the loss involves a crime or suspected crime
- Cooperate with the insurance company and its representatives/investigators
Information You'll Need
Please provide SMCI or your agent with the following information:
- Church name and location (city, state, zip code)
- Contact name and phone number(s) for person reporting the claim
- Date of loss
- Description of loss
If your church is located in South Carolina
Report a claim
- By E-mail: Claim@smcins.com
- By Phone: 1-800-922-5332
- By Fax: 803-776-4260
- By Mail: P.O. Box 9346, 201 Greenlawn Drive, Columbia SC 29290 "ATTN-Claims Dept".
If your church is located outside of South Carolina, please contact your agent directly.